“Thank you to the donors who helped me, so I could actually afford groceries for a month and not waste money on a pricey book!”
– Sacramento City College student, Textbook Assistance Program recipient
“I am incredibly appreciative of people like you who go out of their way in order to ease someone else’s burden. You are the reason that individuals like myself strive to work harder and do better.”
– C.M., Textbook Assistance Program recipient
Did You Know?
A survey of community college students found that:
- 42% said they struggled to get adequate food
- 9% said they had gone at least one day during the last month without eating because they lacked the money
- 46% said they had difficulty paying for housing and utilities.
And – despite the fact that a community college education is one of the most affordable in higher education – textbooks still average $1,918 per year for our students.
Like the students quoted above, many Los Rios students face the difficult decision of whether to buy textbooks or pay for basic necessities like food, rent, and transportation. That is why we need the support of donors like you!
Give the Gift of Textbooks Today
Help Los Rios students focus on completing their education by donating to the Textbook Assistance Program – because no one should have to decide between going hungry or paying for school books!
- Give to Our Students
- Give to Our Colleges
- Give to Los Rios Fund
- Give to Women's Impact Circle
- Give to Los Rios Promise
- Seasonal Giving