A gift of stock is a meaningful way to support the Los Rios Colleges Foundation and often comes with significant tax benefits.
How to Make a Gift of Stock
Follow these steps to make a gift of publicly-traded shares of stock to the Foundation:
- Call your broker and let them know that you want to make a gift of shares to the Los Rios Colleges Foundation. Your broker will want to know the name of the stock and the number of shares you are contributing. In addition, your broker will request the following information:
- Account Name: Los Rios Colleges Foundation
- Account Number: 838-010738
- DTC Number: 0015
- Please contact us and let us know to expect the transfer. We often receive a transfer with no identifying information, and we want to be able to credit you for the gift and designate your gift correctly.
- Wire transfers will be facilitated by Graystone Consulting of Morgan Stanley, our investment firm.
The Los Rios Colleges Foundation will provide a tax receipt for the fair market value of the gift. The IRS defines the fair market value as equal to the average of the highest price and lowest price on the day we receive the transfer.
Please consult your tax advisor with questions about the deductibility of gifts of stock and how it applies to your personal tax situation.