The Student Emergency Fund provides grants of up to $1,000 to Los Rios students who are involved in sudden and unexpected emergencies that threaten their ability to continue their education. These grants have no repayment obligation.
To be eligible, students must:
- Demonstrate exceptional need resulting from a sudden, unexpected emergency event
- Be currently enrolled in at least six units at a Los Rios college
- Qualify as low-income by meeting the requirements to receive a California College Promise Grant (CCPG) or is projected to receive a CCPG for the upcoming term
- Have earned a 2.0 grade point average at their current or prior institution in one of the previous three semester terms (or four quarter terms) or be a student who is receiving additional support or services through a community college's Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS)
How to Apply
- Go to the Student Emergency Fund Application on losrios.academicworks.com.
- Click Apply.
- If you aren't already signed in, then sign in using your Los Rios student ID number and password.
- Complete and submit the application.
A maximum of one $1,000 Student Emergency Fund award will be given to any one student during all combined enrollments at the Los Rios colleges.
Confirm BankMobile Account
Eligible students will receive these grants through BankMobile, so please make sure that your BankMobile account is set up.
There are many forms of help for people experiencing hardships because of COVID-19. Visit Los Rios' Basic Needs Resources to see if you can find additional help.