Upcoming Application Period
The scholarship application period for 2024 will be open from January 12 through March 1, 2024.
Thanks to our generous donors, the Los Rios Colleges Foundation awards nearly $500,000 in scholarships to students each year!
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must:
- Have a Los Rios student ID number
- Recommended – complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application
- Have completed a minimum of six units and be currently enrolled* in a minimum of six units at one of the Los Rios Colleges
* If you are currently a high school student who plans to attend Folsom Lake College, then you can apply to FLC and get a student ID number. After you receive your student ID number in your email, you can complete the scholarship application without being a currently enrolled FLC student.
How to Apply
- During the application period, go to losrios.academicworks.com.
- Sign in using your Los Rios student ID number and password.
- Complete and submit the general application. The more information you provide, the more likely you are to be awarded a scholarship.
You only need to submit one application to be matched to any of hundreds of scholarships for which you qualify!
Letter of Recommendation
Some Foundation scholarships require a letter of recommendation. Please carefully check the requirements for each scholarship you intend to apply for to determine if a recommendation is required. If you are applying to a scholarship that requires a recommendation, then you will be asked to provide the name and email address of the person who will be recommending you.
We advise that you ask the person from whom you'd like a recommendation a few weeks before you apply and in person. This will ensure they know who you are (in case they have other students with the same or a similar name) and give them enough time to write a letter. You may want to give them your educational resume. Consider asking a faculty member, counselor, or employer. You should not ask a family member for a recommendation.
After You Apply
It takes several weeks for scholarship reviewers to evaluate all of the applications. All applicants will be notified via email whether or not they have received a scholarship.
If you are selected for a scholarship, then you must accept or decline the scholarship offer within two weeks. Many scholarships require students to write a thank you letter or register for the annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony before the scholarship funds are disbursed.
Additional Community Scholarships
Additional scholarships are available through generous community partners. When you submit the general application, you will be presented with additional scholarships for which you may be eligible. These scholarships may require more information, like additional questions, essays, or transcripts.