Thanks to our generous donors, the Los Rios Colleges Foundation awards nearly $500,000 in scholarships to students each year!
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must:
- Have a Los Rios student ID number
- Be currently enrolled* at one of the Los Rios colleges
* If you are currently a high school student who plans to attend Folsom Lake College, then you can apply to FLC and get a student ID number. After you receive your student ID number in your email, you can complete the scholarship application without being a currently enrolled FLC student.
When to Apply
Apply now! We are accepting scholarship applications for fall 2020 beginning Monday, January 6, 2020 and ending Friday, March 6, 2020.
How to Apply
- During the application period, go to losrios.academicworks.com.
- Sign in using your Los Rios student ID number and password.
- Complete and submit the general application. The more information you provide, the more likely you are to be awarded a scholarship.
You only need to submit one application to be matched to any of hundreds of scholarships for which you qualify!
Required Letter of Recommendation
All Foundation scholarships require at least one letter of recommendation. On the general application, you will be asked to provide the name and email address for the person who will be recommending you.
We advise that you ask the person from whom you'd like a recommendation a few weeks before you apply and in person. This will ensure they know who you are (in case they have other students with the same or a similar name) and give them enough time to write a letter. You may want to give them your educational resume. Consider asking a faculty member, counselor, or employer. You should not ask a family member for a recommendation.
After You Apply
It takes several weeks for scholarship reviewers to evaluate all of the applications. All applicants will be notified via email whether or not they have received a scholarship.
If you are selected for a scholarship, then you must accept or decline the scholarship offer within two weeks. Many scholarships require students to write a thank you letter or a register for the annual Scholarship Awards Ceremony before the scholarship funds are disbursed.
Additional Community Scholarships
Additional scholarships are available through generous community partners. When you submit the general application, you will be presented with additional scholarships for which you may be eligible. These scholarships may require more information, like additional questions, essays, or transcripts.
General questions about scholarships can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send questions for specific colleges to the following: