The CARES Emergency Fund provides grants of up to $1,000 to Los Rios students impacted by COVID-19 who are involved in sudden and unexpected emergencies and are experiencing exceptional need.
These funds are provided by the Coronavirus, Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which includes one-time support for higher education institutions to help address the immediate and urgent impacts on our students and colleges. These grants have no repayment obligation.
To be eligible, students must:
- Have exceptional need resulting from a sudden, unexpected emergency event
- Have been impacted by COVID-19
- Be currently enrolled in at least six units at a Los Rios college
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) application
How to Apply
- Go to the CARES Emergency Fund Application on losrios.academicworks.com.
- Click Apply.
- If you aren't already signed in, then sign in using your Los Rios student ID number and password.
- Complete and submit the application.
A maximum of one $1,000 CARES Emergency Fund award will be given to any one student during all combined enrollments at the Los Rios colleges.
If you have previously applied for the Los Rios Student Emergency Fund, then you may still apply for the CARES Emergency Fund.
Update Your Mailing Address
Eligible students will receive these grants by mail, so please make sure that the address you have on file in eServices is up to date.
There are many forms of help for people experiencing hardships because of COVID-19. Visit Los Rios' Basic Needs Resources to see if you can find additional help.