Our Promise to Students
First-time, full-time students are eligible to have the cost of tuition and fees waived for their first year at any Los Rios college.
Additionally, those with the most with unmet need may be eligible for an additional $500 to put towards books and other living costs.
At Los Rios, we believe in you and your goals, and we want to see you achieve them – that's why we're making the Los Rios Promise.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be eligible, students must:
- Apply for admission to a Los Rios college (American River College, Cosumnes River College, Folsom Lake College, or Sacramento City College)
- Complete a FAFSA or Dream Act Application (visit your college's financial aid office for help)
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG fee waiver)
- Have not attended college after having earned a high school diploma or the equivalent
- Enroll in and maintain a minimum of 15 units (full-time status) during the first year of college
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates and live in the greater Sacramento region
- Complete a Los Rios Promise Commitment Form upon receipt of award
How to Apply
There is no separate application required for students who meet the eligibility requirements – all you need to do is apply for admission to one of the Los Rios colleges.
Thank You, Los Rios Promise Partners!
Our promise programs are made possible through support from our generous partners.