The Student Success Fund supports students as they cultivate academic, personal, and professional success.
The Student Success Fund provides financial help to cover expenses related to extra- and co-curricular programs and opportunities, especially when those opportunities:
- Are related to the student’s success in their program of study or as a member of a team
- Enhance the student experience
- Foster and promote leadership development
- Provide professional development or additional educational experiences
How Can Student Success Funds Be Used?
Can Be Used for
- Travel related to an athletic or academic team that has made it to finals
- Conference attendance, especially when the student has been asked to present
- Participation in experiential-learning programs, like NASA’s Community College Aerospace Scholars
Cannot Be Used for
- Normal expenses related to college attendance
- Tuition fees
- Cost of living
- Study abroad
To qualify, a student must:
- Be currently enrolled in at least six units at a Los Rios college
- Be in “Good Standing”
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher
In addition, the activity or event must fall into one of the following categories:
- The activity or event is officially sponsored by one of the Los Rios colleges.
- The activity or event is an extra- or co-curricular program of one of the Los Rios colleges.
- The activity or event is required for the student’s success in their program of study or as a member of a college team, club, or class.
Selection of Recipients
A committee of Foundation staff and board members reviews requests. The Financial Aid Office is notified of all awards. Stipends qualify as part of a student's financial aid package. Therefore, a stipend might reduce other financial aid that a student has been awarded, depending on the type of aid received.
It is the student’s responsibility to contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions regarding their financial aid package.
Funding requests are accepted year-round and are not guaranteed. Funds are limited to a one-time award of $1,000 and provided on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are exhausted for the semester. All stipends are contingent on the availability of limited funds provided through donations to the Student Success Fund.