The Student Success Fund supports students as they cultivate academic, personal, and professional success.
The Student Success Fund provides financial assistance to help cover expenses related to extra- and co-curricular programs and opportunities, especially when those opportunities:
- Are related to the student’s success in their program of study or as a member of a team
- Enhance the student experience
- Foster and promote leadership development
- Provide professional development or additional educational experiences
Examples of activities for which a student might request student success funds include:
- Travel related to an athletic or academic team that has made it to finals
- Conference attendance, especially when the student has been asked to present
- Participation in experiential-learning programs, like NASA’s Community College Aerospace Scholars
To qualify, a student must:
- Be currently enrolled in at least six units at a Los Rios college
- Be in “Good Standing”
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher
Selection of Recipients
A committee of Foundation staff and board members reviews requests. The Financial Aid Office is notified of all awards. Stipends qualify as part of a student's financial aid package. Therefore, a stipend might reduce other financial aid that a student has been awarded, depending on the type of aid received.
It is the student’s responsibility to contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions regarding their financial aid package.
Funding requests are accepted year-round and are not guaranteed. Funds are limited to a one-time award of $1,000 and provided on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds are exhausted for the semester. All stipends are contingent on the availability of limited funds provided through donations to the Student Success Fund.