The Brice and Barbara Harris Fund for the Fine & Performing Arts
Arts Funding Available!
APPLICATIONS DUE MAY 31, 2017
Proposal competitiveness will be enhanced by:
- Teaching and learning opportunities which are unique and would not normally be afforded by college operational funds.
- Projects that serve as “cultural carriers” which promote cultural competence, and an understanding of cultural continuity and change.
- Projects that help students develop skills in analysis, critical thinking, and creative imagination.
- Projects that connect the college to the community, and especially to young people in the arts.
- Projects that help make the connection between the importance of arts in education and a healthy society.
- Projects that enhance the ability of faculty to inspire student interest and ability in the arts.
- Complete the application form.
- Applications are due Wednesday May 31st. They can be sent via intercampus mail in hard copy, by U.S. Mail, or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Projects submitted must be completed by the end of the next academic year (May of 2018).
- The total funding available for grants this year is expected to be $10,000.00 (district-wide). The maximum amount available to any one applicant is $2,500.00. Mini-grant funds are not to be used for on-going program support or for the regular salaries or wages of employees of the Los Rios District.
- For questions, call Kristin Frame at the Los Rios Foundation: (916) 568-3123 or (916) 568-3075 or email email@example.com
Examples of Previously Funded Projects
American River Vocal Jazz CD
American River Ceramic Art Conference
Cosumnes River 21st Century Printmaking
Cosumnes River Student Mural
Folsom Lake Student Art Display Case
Folsom Lake Student Metal Art Work
Sacramento City Shakespeare Festival
Sacramento City College SCC Permanent Art Collection Preservation Project
Sacramento City Latin Jazz Workshop