Supporting Scholarships, Mini-Grants & the Student Emergency Fund
The Annual Fund Campaign: The Los Rios Foundation accepts unrestricted donations through the Annual Fund to support students, faculty and our four colleges: American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City, to ensure excellence, innovation and student success.
Students: We help students by offering scholarships for textbooks and other associated academic costs through the LRF Student Success Fund. Support is also provided by the LRF Student Emergency Fund, which helps students stay in school when they experience an unexpected crisis.
Faculty: We support our Los Rios faculty by funding mini-grants for innovative classroom projects that enhance learning. Without your support, these projects would likely go unfunded.
Colleges: We enhance our colleges by raising funds for state-of-the-art buildings and upgrades, arts, athletics, and other vital programs that provide excellence to all we serve.
JOIN US AS WE HELP OUR STUDENTS SUCCEED: Please consider donating to the Annual Fund, the Student Success Fund, the Student Emergency Fund, or the Harris Fund for the Fine & Performing Arts to support our important programs. With your help, we can provide a brighter future for our students.
100% of funds raised go directly to our mission
- Gifts of Cash - One method of giving a gift to the Los Rios Foundation is cash, an attractive, easy method of contribution. Cash gifts may be used where the need is greatest or you may designate to a specific college, department or scholarship fund. Maximum charitable income tax deductions are received for cash gifts.
- Gifts by Credit Card - The Los Rios Foundation also accepts gifts by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover (choose the "Make a gift now!" button on the left side of this page to make an online donation.)
- Gifts of Personal Property - Works of art, books, and furnishings are considered gifts of tangible personal property. Gifts of this kind feature attractive tax benefits, when they can be used by the college for its charitable purposes. (Please contact the Los Rios Foundation or a college foundation office to discuss the guidelines for making a gift of personal property.)
- Gifts of Property - Gifts of non-cash property, such as securities or real estate to the Los Rios Community College District through the Foundation can provide attractive tax benefits. Property that has increased in value and has been held long enough to qualify as long-term property can be a beneficial contribution. You avoid paying capital gains tax, and in most cases, also receive a tax deduction for the full value of the gift. If you have property that has decreased in value at the time you make your gift, you could consider selling that property first and then contributing the proceeds to the Los Rios Foundation. This will allow deductions for both the capital loss and the charitable gift. Contact the Foundation Office for easy instructions on how to make gifts of stocks, mutual funds or bonds, or real estate. (We recommend that you contact your professional advisor for counsel and advice when making a gift of property.)
- Gifts for the Future - You can plan a gift that will benefit the colleges in the future by naming the Foundation in your will, establishing a charitable remainder trust, or establishing the Foundation as a beneficiary on a life insurance policy or retirement account.Our staff and investment committee will be glad to provide additional personalized information on a gift of the future. (Planned gifts often have tax implications; we recommend that you contact your professional advisor for counsel and advice.)
Donate today! You may give to the Los Rios Foundation online by clicking on the "Make a gift now!" button at the top left of this page, and selecting the program you would like to support..
(If you would prefer to make a donation to a specific college, you may select a logo below. The link will take you to the college's foundation donation page.)
Thank you for your support of the Los Rios Colleges!